1946-47 Indian Chief Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946-47 Indian Chief Horn

Does anybody know if you could purchase a 1946 or 1947 Indian Chief without spill/crash-bars? The reason I ask is I am interested in horn placement. If the m/c has the spill bar, the horn mounts to it. Where and how does the horn mount if there is not a spill bar? Thanks.

Originally posted by motor-officer View Post
    Does anybody know if you could purchase a 1946 or 1947 Indian Chief without spill/crash-bars? The reason I ask is I am interested in horn placement. If the m/c has the spill bar, the horn mounts to it. Where and how does the horn mount if there is not a spill bar? Thanks.
    I believe all three accessory groups,Roadmaster ,Sporstsman(chrome) and Clubman(black)
    came with Safetyguards front and rear.
    Tom

Comment

Here's a screen shot showing accesssories for each model. All have "saftey bars".Let me know if this is too small to read and I'll send it via PM.
      Attached Files

Comment

"Safetyguards" were often removed for customs.I have utilized the dampener stud hole with non stock fork and the motor coil/mag deck to mount a horn .
        Tom

Comment

Thank you for the info. I was able to pull up the form and see that all models had the crash-bars so that would have been the only way the horn was mounted. I am installing a side-car and plan to leave the crash-bar off and will figure out a way to mount the horn. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X