Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville Venturi and Nozzle Settings

Hi all.

New to the forum, but have owned my '48 Chief for about 10 years.

In this time, I've done a LOT of work, including installing a Bonneville Venturi and Nozzle, from Jerry Greer. Still tuning the carb (M344).

For those who have experimented with this setup, what settings are you using, on the carb needles? I'm still getting a mild stutter, when at speed and roll on the throttle.

Thanks for any input

Bob Vega
    Riverside, California

Originally posted by Diboblo View Post
    Hi all.

New to the forum, but have owned my '48 Chief for about 10 years.

In this time, I've done a LOT of work, including installing a Bonneville Venturi and Nozzle, from Jerry Greer. Still tuning the carb (M344).

For those who have experimented with this setup, what settings are you using, on the carb needles? I'm still getting a mild stutter, when at speed and roll on the throttle.

Thanks for any input

Bob Vega
    Riverside, California
    Welcome Bob!

Before we can address the carburetor or its settings, it is imperative that all other things are in order, such as ignition timing, valve adjustment, and most importantly: No vacuum leaks.
    The best way to guarantee that there are no vacuum leaks is to bubble-test, as discussed at http://virtualindian.org/11techleaktest.html

Please use a constant, regulated air supply, not a tire pump or shop vac!

When the manifold assembly is 'secure', then the most common issues within the carburetor are wear related.... But there are remedies.

Let us know how it goes,

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Valves and timing... Check!

I'll have to read that article and check for leaks. I've been meaning to do that, anyway

I'll report back, with my findings.

Regards,
      Bob

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
      Welcome Bob!

Before we can address the carburetor or its settings, it is imperative that all other things are in order, such as ignition timing, valve adjustment, and most importantly: No vacuum leaks.
      The best way to guarantee that there are no vacuum leaks is to bubble-test, as discussed at http://virtualindian.org/11techleaktest.html

Please use a constant, regulated air supply, not a tire pump or shop vac!

When the manifold assembly is 'secure', then the most common issues within the carburetor are wear related.... But there are remedies.

Let us know how it goes,

....Cotten

Comment

Working...
      X