Magneto Hole Plug Installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magneto Hole Plug Installation?

I took mine out to glass bead the cases.

Is there a recommended sealant to use when putting it back in? Is there a recommended procedure for pressing it back in and expanding it? I don't want to break anything and I want it to be sealed.

Thanks.
    AMCA #10930

Perfect timing to answer my own question, with 101 views.

In case anyone else is interested, I was able to dig this information up;

Optimal installations require a consistently perpendicular installation tool and possible calibration of installation forces. The goal should be an installed plug that is visually flat.

We have traditionally advised “If only a few plugs are to be installed, the best tool for setting them is a short piece of cold drawn shafting 8 or 10 inches long and of a diameter slightly less than the diameter of the plug to be set. By placing it perpendicularly over the plug, and striking the shafting one or two blows with a fairly heavy hammer, the plug can be set down sufficiently to not quite a flat position”.

Sealant is used in more severe applications, but this can be eliminated with the use of Hubbard Ground Plugs.
    The edges of an installed plug can be staked to improve general retention.

Based on the marking on my original plug it would appear that a piece of shafting approximately .8" was used to set it.
    AMCA #10930

Comment

Working...
    X