Chain Guard Mounting for '52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Guard Mounting for '52

I have a repo chain guard that I bought years ago. I was doing a test fit of the rear fender and chain guard and have a question about the mounting of the guard at the front. I have a separate little tab piece that looks like it mounts to the 1/4-20 bolt on the tranny cover at the RH front. It appears, from the photos I have seen that the little tab gets spot welded to the top of the chain guard near the front. What I don't understand is another tab welded to the chain guard at roughly the 6 O'clock position at the front/bottom of the guard (i.e over the counter shaft sprocket). I understand that these repo chain guards are for '47 through '53 models--is that bottom front tab possibly not needed on the '52?

Originally posted by swall View Post
    I have a repo chain guard that I bought years ago. I was doing a test fit of the rear fender and chain guard and have a question about the mounting of the guard at the front. I have a separate little tab piece that looks like it mounts to the 1/4-20 bolt on the tranny cover at the RH front. It appears, from the photos I have seen that the little tab gets spot welded to the top of the chain guard near the front. What I don't understand is another tab welded to the chain guard at roughly the 6 O'clock position at the front/bottom of the guard (i.e over the counter shaft sprocket). I understand that these repo chain guards are for '47 through '53 models--is that bottom front tab possibly not needed on the '52?
    The tabs are each attached by 2 rivets with about 7/16dia, heads.The bottom tab is half hole forked to sit on top of a stud in bottom of trans.
    Tom

Comment

Yes, I see how it goes. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X