Indian Chief gas caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Chief gas caps

G,day can someone tell me what to look for on a 35 Chief ? did 35 have the screw in type gas caps and did the front and rear gaurds were the new type not early 20s style , heads ? were newer than 34 style? more info or pictures would be nice , cheers Rob

Originally posted by hairynob24 View Post
    G,day can someone tell me what to look for on a 35 Chief ? did 35 have the screw in type gas caps and did the front and rear gaurds were the new type not early 20s style , heads ? were newer than 34 style? more info or pictures would be nice , cheers Rob
    Rob,The 35 has course thread screw caps.There is a pair on ebay.Similar to 34 but no large threaded hole for screen fitting on the bottom.
    Front fender is the same 35-39.Rear is one year only with earlier style taillight mounting holes,and no small side skirt like ,I believe,37&39,otherwise the same.
    Heads are aluminum trench style with no big lip like later.
    Some good pics in Jerry Hatfields Indian Restoration Guide.
    Dlx 108 for the carb,Mag or very rarewasted spark,dual coil points setup,34-37 oil pump with no distributor drive like the 38 and later pump. Trans tower has 2 raised bosses for chainguard mount and no web on side like later syle.
    I had one in the past and I am building one now.
    Good luck

Tom

Comment

Tom thanks for you reply , the photos send to me of the bike are not clear , just heard its a 37 not 35 , the bike is as found and to much money i am in Oz and dollar makes a no go , always wanted a 30s chief one day i hope to get one ,thanks again Rob

Comment

Working...
      X