Help Identifying Parts 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Parts 1

Can anyone help me identify the following parts which I believe to be Indian .
    thanks
    DanIndain carb 4.jpgIndian carb 1.jpg

Indian generator 1.jpgIndian generator 2.jpg

Dynamo and dynamo bracket also look like late 1930's or 1940 Chief as well. Bracket looks a lot like the one on my '38.

The "Yellowish" bronze carb looks a bit like a Schebler HX.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Is there a number stamped on the top of the carburetor? It has a Harley JD intake manifold attached to it.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Dan

The indian generator that you have are trying to identify to use or to sell.

I am looking for a suitable generator for a 1940 Chief restoration that I am doing and can't find one anywhere.
        I am 3 years into the restoration only to find that the generator I have is the wrong rotation and is off a scout.
        Let me know if you want to sell more than happy to to pay a reasonable price.

regards

Mike

1940 Chief SM.jpg

Comment

Mark and others,
          Thanks for the replys. will check the carb for additional numbers but first glance didn't revel any. Sirh and Mike do you know what model generator this may be ? is it exclusive to Indians? haven't decided what to do with them yet.
          thanks for all the help,
          dan

Comment

The generator bracket has four cap bolts which is for a plunger frame,and a cutout so my guess is 40-47.
            Tom

Comment

Dan

There would have been a band around the brush end that would have identified the generator model.
              The bracket as Tom stated is a 4 bolt bracket which first came out with the spring frame Indian Chiefs in 1940.
              Prior to that the the bracket cap was a 2 bolt item.

Are there any numbers or serials on the top of the cutout.

Can you post a photo of the cutout so that I can have a closer look.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X