1952-53 Police Chief SPECIAL battery hold down piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952-53 Police Chief SPECIAL battery hold down piece

Does anyone have any info on Indian Police Chief battery hold down, number 319018? This was police only and was used with the police generator and bigass battery. The old rumor was that it was a piece of wood, and I remember someone in the 70's had one NOS.

Bob, have what you need. It WAS a piece of wood. Have an NOS one I used for a pattern. Works well with the shell Chris Daniel is making, or a real 45 amp battery.
    Marty

Comment

Thanks a lot Marty. This is the second time you bailed me out recently! I should just call you first.
      Did you remake them? Can we buy one from ya? Or get the dimensions?
      Thanks a lot! You da man
      Bob

Comment

Hi,
        Here is a picture of the hold down as used on Marty Megregian's 1952 Chief CS6054. The story of this Police bike can be found in the Christmas 2008 version of the Virtual Indian: virtualindian.org The hold down was made out of wood. I don't have the dimensions. If they are discovered; please add the information to this thread.

Last edited by Yellow53Chief; 07-02-2015, 06:25 PM. Reason: Information added

Comment

Marty is either going to send me a copy he made or the dimensions when he gets back from a trip. I'll post that here. Thanks for the Virtual Indian link, I totally forgot about that site.

Comment

Working...
          X