Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India-cast chief cylinders

I'm using cylinders from India.
    During my current rebuild I discovered some scuff marks in the valve area of the rear head, and upon testing the valve travel in a Dake press with dial indicator, I sensed some resistance with both intake and exhaust valves. The valves were scraping the vertical surfaces of the head. As this was the rear head I have to note that these cylinders were poorly machined for bolt-hole location, and the head may have been a little off from where the originals were meant to be.
    Several years ago when I first fitted these cylinders I read somewhere here or on VI of about 7 particulars that had to be watched for, but I don't recall this item as one of them. Now, I'd like to access whichever sites discussed this, the fitting of cast-in-India cylinders, but I'm a little incompetent at it. Could someone refer me to an appropriate page, please?

Thanks to Bridgeport, I have been winning out, meantime.

Here's a link to an earlier discussion here with another link to VI
    http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ylinders+india

Comment

Originally posted by WebKahuna View Post
      Here's a link to an earlier discussion here with another link to VI
      http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ylinders+india
      thx webkahuna.
      I'd done the "search" thing, but backtracking through the multiple pages was burning my eyes. Was it a quick find for you? How did you do it?
      I couldn't bring up the VI site either, but Edd's post took care of me. And as I mentioned, the valve clearance in the heads was not mentioned (#10 then?).
      It sure turns into a lot of work. But I think we'll win out

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
        thx webkahuna.
        I'd done the "search" thing, but backtracking through the multiple pages was burning my eyes. Was it a quick find for you? How did you do it?
        I couldn't bring up the VI site either, but Edd's post took care of me. And as I mentioned, the valve clearance in the heads was not mentioned (#10 then?).
        It sure turns into a lot of work. But I think we'll win out
        Hi fillibuster
        I used the advanced search and put "cast in india cylinder" in the keyword slot. I noticed a thread with a title pretty close to those words and saw that you had posted it last year. I opened it and it looked like what you were talking about. I was a beneficiary of the "Blind Squirrel Effect"

Comment

Working...
        X