1941 tank Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 tank Badge

the 1941 tank badge changed with the later part of the year getting small stripes added. Does anyone know what engine number that would have occured?

Thanks Sean

Sean
    only SOME of the first production runs left the factory without the chrome strips, everything else got them. I have Chief numbered in less then the first 300 bikes without the strips.

Originally posted by Temple View Post
    the 1941 tank badge changed with the later part of the year getting small stripes added. Does anyone know what engine number that would have occured?

Thanks Sean
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Hi Kevin if that is true why are they so rare, did they fall off or get removed ? thanks Bob

Comment

And i know a 796 that has an original pic showing that it did not come with the chrome strips. That is what made me curious when it began.

I think rare because it was mid 41 and in 42 there was war preparation. At least from my reading that is what i understand.

Comment

Bob
          no sure, but I think it was that Indian was already into war production for France and there are not many 1941's left(especially Chief's)
          a little known fact is that some early 1942's had the strips also.

Originally posted by bstevens479 View Post
          Hi Kevin if that is true why are they so rare, did they fall off or get removed ? thanks Bob
          Kevin Valentine 13
          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks Kevin.

Comment

Working...
            X