Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Frame Serial Number 53 Chief

IMG_2046.jpg
    Attached is a photo of the left rear shock mount on my 53' Chief that should have the serial number stamped into it. As you can see, there is nothing there. Is there an explanation for this? I can tell from the battery tray and flattened frame on either side of the battery tray that the frame is either a 52 or 53. Thanks!

If you are able to rule out the fairly high likelihood that someone removed the numbers on purpose to hide the fact that it's not a matching numbers bike, it is possible that the bike was at some point laid down in a slide and the numbers were ground off - I hate that Indian chose to stamp the frame in that location for exactly this reason. They really should have stamped the frames somewhere that could not happen.

Comment

53 had the frame number on the right side casting running board mount ,closest to the front wheel

Comment

Originally posted by hairynob24 View Post
        53 had the frame number on the right side casting running board mount ,closest to the front wheel
        I learn something new every day! Makes me wonder if they moved to that location due to the concern I mentioned in my previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by knucky View Post
          I learn something new every day! Makes me wonder if they moved to that location due to the concern I mentioned in my previous post.
          IMG_2048.jpg
          Low and behold, Attached is a photo of the matching frame number exactly where hairynob24 said it would be!

Comment

Ha! Looks like the guy stamping the "1" was standing on his head! How common is that, and I wonder if that frame coild be pinpointed to a specific fellow working at the factory....like his own personal trademark?
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Working...
            X