1947 Chief on EBAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 Chief on EBAY

My head hurts. I just fell off a turnip truck. Who are these people and how can we allow then to prosper????????? Sorry no attachment maybe some else can shed some light on what I can't see
    Ross

I don,t understand the gig???

What is the deal with this Indian??

Comment

LINK REMOVED... by me.

This?

Very interesting... because if you click on the link inside eBay it takes you to a site called BY Owners Info. It's a spoof page hacked into eBay. Don't visit it!

Cheers,

Sirhr
      Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 02-11-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sir HD if proves to be a buy.... beers on me.... if not ... where do I sign up to kick some a$$
        Ross

Comment

BTW, I have my virus scanner running now. Nothing has turned up yet, but who knows. Personally, I'd rather skin hackers than fake bike sellers...

Again, don't visit that link on eBay! If you click on the item it takes you off eBay and who knows where. If you don't have a firewall or good virus protection, good luck.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Now I'm curious. I'll take Sirhr's advice and not seek this Indian out but would be interested to know Ross, what caused you to fall off the "turnip truck" ?
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Backstory... Ross posted a link on eBay to a gorgeous Chief Roadmaster 1947 with a buy it now of something like 7400. The site also said "you must contact me in order to bid." There was a contact link on the page.

The whole page was a spoof page. It was actually embedded in the auction listings, but the URL was not www.ebay.com... blah blah blah. When you clicked on the item to view it, you were taken off ebay to a site called Buy.owners-info. In other words, it was probably slurping up information from our hard-disks for resale... or worse. Maybe left a Trojan horse, maybe did not. Virus scan says did not. But usually virus software is a few days behind really novel hacks.

Whatever the case, eBay has a major security leak (probably plugged by now) and Ross and a lot of other people, me included, now have lots of information on a lists we didnt' want.

Meanwhile eBay has made its 'reporting' process so difficult, time consuming and complicated, their security department can't look at this sort of stuff. There is virtually no way to tell them they have been hacked any more. Except by phoning... between 5 am and 10 PM... pacific. Idiots.

So that's the deal. You can see the bike by going on eBay and typing 1947 indian Chief into the search categories. Then sort by "highest first" price. It comes up and is yellow. DO NOT open the link to view further.

I will try and contact eBay if the thing stays up.

As Paul Harvey said... that's the rest of the story.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Yea saw that ad yesterday. Its still up as of this morning. With a buy it now of $7200 and then looking at the sellers feedback details I felt the guys account had to have been hacked into. I wanted to click on something and send a warning but all the sirens were going off to leave quickly which I did!
                Tried to report the item using the "Report Item" link but that would not work because the item number is bogus (of course) and ebay leaves no option to report without a good number. Then I tried to contact them through the "contact us" link and got frustrated with many road blocks and gave up. Oh the joys of giant conglomerates
                Jason Zerbini
                Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Skirted:

You can't report it because it's not ON eBay! It's another site embedded inside the auction search results. Someone found a big hole in eBay.

I did report it this AM... but it's still up.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Thanks for the back story Sirhr. I stepped away from ebay almost two years ago now. I found them impossible to deal with and they seem more than willing to let a buyer seriously screw over a seller. Ignoring everyone all the time and not reacting to hackers has got to cause them some grief somehow... . no?
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Hacker is having fun while while he can. And another
                      http://item-details.com/548520973620...ian-chief.html
                      Jason Zerbini
                      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

I have used the eBay motors security center. I used the 'Call Me' link and was called in about one minute.

Comment

Working...
                        X