Easy Question on Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Question on Plug Wires

I'm going to replace the plug wires due to one of the cables being split. Currently it has wires with boots on the plug end. Wondering if I should go with the original type with the open thumbscrew terminal at plug or booted wires. No intentions of having a judged bike but do like to use original appearing parts when possible so am considering the open terminal wires unless someone indicates there is a drawback to using them.

Thanks in advance for any input provided.
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
    I'm going to replace the plug wires due to one of the cables being split. Currently it has wires with boots on the plug end. Wondering if I should go with the original type with the open thumbscrew terminal at plug or booted wires. No intentions of having a judged bike but do like to use original appearing parts when possible so am considering the open terminal wires unless someone indicates there is a drawback to using them.

Thanks in advance for any input provided.
    yes the pic of the 47 motor in the overhaul manual shows the knurled nuts.I had them on my 34,but I think the first time you get shocked in your inner thigh you will change back,which is what I did.
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
      yes the pic of the 47 motor in the overhaul manual shows the knurled nuts.I had them on my 34,but I think the first time you get shocked in your inner thigh you will change back,which is what I did.
      Tom
      that little tickle is good for you

Comment

Jason, use the thumb nute as original. Make sure you use the spark guard, and also use Rajah ends to protect yourself even more. The Rajah end is also an original accessory. Marty

Comment

Originally posted by bikerdds View Post
          Jason, use the thumb nute as original. Make sure you use the spark guard, and also use Rajah ends to protect yourself even more. The Rajah end is also an original accessory. Marty
          Bike does have the spark guard. Any chance of getting a pic of or link to a pic of what a rajah end looks like? I don't think I'm familiar with those unless I've seen them and didn't know what they were called.

I thought getting shocked might be a con of open terminals......but my wife would agree its probably good for me.

Thanks for the replies
          Jason Zerbini
          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Jason, they are available from Greer and other dealers. Look in one of the dealer catalogs and you should be able to find a picture. May also see in original literature. They are rubber and slide over the end of the wire. Have been around for years. Hard plastic ends just don't look right. Marty

Comment

Working...
            X