Battery Hold down configuration ? Indian 74 civillian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Hold down configuration ? Indian 74 civillian

I have searched and searched. I am trying to find out how my 40 chief fill-right style battery is held in place?

I have the battery tray, the battery and the "frog" that sits on the battery. The frog piece has an indent in the center which I suspect has pressure applied from a bolt or clamp from somewhere. Does someone have a good photo or drawing showing what I need to clamp down my battery?

Bob
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

If you have the stock generator mount, there will be a 5/16" x 24 tpi tapped hole in the bottom. That hole (with the correct length bolt) will perfectly line up with the 'indent' in you battery hold down frog. That is also how you adjust the tension on your generator belt.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Dang ! I thought I had all the parts for this machine. Ok I see that is something I am missing, thanks very much. I am changing it back from the 12 v to a 6 v so I will search for that bracket. Really appreciate the response.
      Bob Beatty
      AMCA 19209

Comment

Jerry Greers catalog has a great drawing of it.

https://www.jerrygreersengineering.c...y=1940&m=Chief

Comment

Sorry for the poor picture, but you should be able to see how the hold down concept works.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

That photos perfect! I also checked out Greers and he does not have any of these, its a great drawing showing the concept, he really has a nice website. That is a slick device. My friend Perry Router is making me up a nice 6 volt generator, so I must get cracking and track down one of these brackets to fit as I want to start assembly this week and have her back on the road within the month. Thanks for the photos and descriptions.
            Last edited by NiteOwl; 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM.
            Bob Beatty
            AMCA 19209

Comment

I'll be curious now to hear about your opinion on riding Springfield iron Bob. I think you are gonna like it and you won't have any problems with charging if Perry is building your generator!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

I will let you know, I must confess that when I first sat on that bike I was not intending to be at all interested, it felt perfect, handlebars, seat etc, now I have stripped it down I am impressed with the engineering of these machines, I really was not expecting this kind of enlightenment. . . don't tell anyone I said this !
                Bob Beatty
                AMCA 19209

Comment

Mum's the word!!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

If you need the bracket - we have them in stock:

Battery Hold Down Bracket

Sincerely,
                    Gary Stark
                    Starklite Cycle

Comment

Thank you. I just placed my order for it yestarday. With your company.
                      Bob Beatty
                      AMCA 19209

Comment

Working...
                      X