'48 Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '48 Chief

Great.... now I'm suffering from Chief fever!!!!

Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

very cool video cory! that is a real gem. heres a vid of my mismatched 48 that one day i will have the time to get on the road soon,just click the pic..

Comment

I stumbled accross that a few months ago and enjoyed seeing it again. Old "snub nose"...... looks funny cut down like that. The owner did a great job explaining what all he did and intends to do in the future. I'm all for preserving originality and I know thats hot right now but that poor thing looks pretty rough in places. Due to the condition, I can see where it would be hard to replace/upgrade one area but not follow through with everything else because it wouldn't blend well.
      I laughed when he made the compariosn with not trading in your grandparents because they are old. His point was well made however most grandparents might be old but they aren't wearing the same clothes they had on 70 years ago!
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
        very cool video cory! that is a real gem. heres a vid of my mismatched 48 that one day i will have the time to get on the road soon,just click the pic..
        Well it's kinda hard to tell how stoked you were on that ride! Then you went and ripped 'er apart. I've got a case of 1940's Springfield fever at the moment and I have to admit I've had some thoughts about doing something about it.

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
        I stumbled accross that a few months ago and enjoyed seeing it again. Old "snub nose"...... looks funny cut down like that. The owner did a great job explaining what all he did and intends to do in the future. I'm all for preserving originality and I know thats hot right now but that poor thing looks pretty rough in places. Due to the condition, I can see where it would be hard to replace/upgrade one area but not follow through with everything else because it wouldn't blend well.
        I laughed when he made the compariosn with not trading in your grandparents because they are old. His point was well made however most grandparents might be old but they aren't wearing the same clothes they had on 70 years ago!
        Jason, it all comes down to that old Shakespearean saying.... "To restore or not to restore... that is the question".
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

cool video, cool bike except for um 600 times haha

Comment

I think this is the same back being fired up for the first time after 40 odd years of storage at Kiwi Indian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0BRcAk-kg

Regards,
            Sunny.

Comment

Cory, great looking and sounding scoot! Love the way you are keeping it the way you found it, Many stories behind that bike!

Comment

The bike in the Kiwi video and the first video link now resides in Japan. It was sold a year or two ago.
                AMCA # 3233

Comment

Working...
                X