Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if this indian head fender light is original or early repo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if this indian head fender light is original or early repo?

I can't find a resource page anywhere that helps identify the originals.

Thanks,

Joe

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just by the nut, I'll take a stab at orig! I wouldn't use it though, that's certainly mantle material.
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cdf6333 View Post
      Just by the nut, I'll take a stab at orig! I wouldn't use it though, that's certainly mantle material.
      Bob
      Face material, did Indian ever use plastic? That looks like thin plastic. I like the rest of it though!

Comment

I thought that I had read somewhere that the original faces were plastic and they had a seam down the center of it. The repros do not have a seam. (providing I remember that correctly)
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Yes they were plastic. In fact I believe AMCA member #2287 is remaking them. If anyone knows who #2287 is let me know please, I want to buy a lens from him.

Joe

Comment

The original Indian head face was molded from plastic in two parts and glued down the center.
            They are very fragile and easy to push the nose in.
            Also - look under the light, does it have a wire coming out or a stud with a screw. The stud with a screw would be original.

Our reproduction lens is now made in one piece, but we mold in the seam line so it appears to look exactly like the original lens!

545005_56_general.jpg

Click for more info:

Sincerely,
            Gary Stark
            Starklite Cycle
            951-968-3070

Comment

Originally posted by starklite View Post
              The original Indian head face was molded from plastic in two parts and glued down the center.
              They are very fragile and easy to push the nose in.
              Also - look under the light, does it have a wire coming out or a stud with a screw. The stud with a screw would be original.

Our reproduction lens is now made in one piece, but we mold in the seam line so it appears to look exactly like the original lens!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10473[/ATTACH]

Click for more info:

Sincerely,
              Gary Stark
              Starklite Cycle
              951-968-3070
              OK... so I was right... glad to know my brain hasn't lost all its functionality! That is nice that your reproduction lenses do have the "seam" in them. I think the older repros did not, but yours make good sense!
              Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
              X