No announcement yet.

Chief workshop/engine rebuild manual??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief workshop/engine rebuild manual??

Hope people don't mind all the Chief questions... but I'm breaking new ground w. an Indian!

Who has a good workshop manual/engine rebuilding manual suitable for the '38 Chief? Done some Google searching and coming up dry. And usually, my Google-fu is pretty good.

Anyone have a suggestion? Especially would like something that covers complete engine overhaul as I have that original bottom-end that I want to start tinkering with.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sirh,

When I was asking the same question, I was told to get the military manual. The best printing that I know of that book is held by Jacob Junker in Cali. The printing is as near as perfect as possible and leaps and bounds better than another copy that I bought from someone else.

Kiwi's website and catalog has some information as well as them offering a lower end rebuild video which I found helpful. You can see a commercial of sorts for the lower end rebuid video on youtube.

You will need at least a pinion puller to fully disassemble the lower end, I got mine from Jerry Greers - lot of nice cut away and parts drawings at his website.

Hope this information helps.
    AMCA #10930

Comment

Working...
    X