Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new lithium batteries and a Chief. A miracle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul> Somehow I don't understand your post. Eagle pitcher??? Shoray???? Did you install an electronic regulator or try to use the original type?

Comment

I don't know why, but I have actually gotten reasonable service from my "Made in India" reproduction batteries. What I do is use a quality clear 2-ton 2 part epoxy and prior to adding acid, seal the terminals where they enter the battery case. I mix the epoxy, put the battery so the terminal is vertical, and carefully take a little time and seal the terminal all the way around where it enters the case without getting the epoxy on the area where the wire mounts. I let it cure for a couple days and so far I have had no leakage, none of that dreaded corrosion build-up, and I usually get anywhere from 3-5 years out of it. I will also visually inspect the top under the cover for any cracking and seal if necessary. It seems to work for me.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

DA, I agree that they seem to work IF you do that and check liquid level often. The lithium battery eliminates the whole battery acid around the motorcycle thing and loses about 5 lbs.

Comment

Working...
        X