1946 Tank Emblem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Tank Emblem?

I was under the impression that the tank badge for a 1946 is like the picture attached.....but I continually see bikes for sale, EBay hardware and pictures and people posting pictures of their bikes claiming they are a 1946 but with a different tank badge. Did Indian convert to a different badge mid year?
    Attached Files

That's the one you want (in your photo)... I never, ever heard of any mid-year 1946 change to the tank badge. Tear drop emblems ended after 1942, then they went to the Indian head badge in your photo and that was used through 1946, then for 1947 it changed to the Indian script emblem. But I know what you mean, folks with 1946 Indians showing with the 1947 and later Indian script badges on the tanks. Probably because the Indian head badge needs a special bracket and the replacement tanks they purchased came without them?
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Hatfield's book reports that the very few civilian 1942's were the first to use the Indian head badge. A number of years ago there was a 42 Four in West Texas that was supposed to be an original bike and it carried the Indian head badge.

Comment

46 is the last year for that badge also used on 44 & 45, 47 changed to Indian Script badge
        Oz

Comment

Working...
        X