Dual Seat Trim & Fittings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • billpedalino
    replied
    Originally posted by billpedalino View Post
    As it works out, I now have everything for the seat EXCEPT for the rear rubber cushion. P/N 52051-66. If anyone has, or knows of one, please let me know.
    Thank you....
    Looks like I'll have to make the rubber cushion. Would anyone have the dimensions of this part?
    Thanks....

    Leave a comment:


  • billpedalino
    replied
    Originally posted by painterdale View Post
    I can't wait to see a picture of your XLCH, Bill! Sounds very cool!

    Dale
    The motor is mostly together - All the machine work is done, but the heads and cylinders are just laying on the base studs for now. I find it easier to place the completed lower end/transmission/primary assembly into the painted frame, and then bolt the top end on and then perform the intake bubble test. The frame is still at the painter, so I'm concentrating on some of the smaller items.
    I last assembled the bile in the 1980's. I originally purchased it form the original owner (another kid) in 1973 as a burn-up, so almost all of the parts are original to the bike and I'm really trying to minimize any changes (in addition to those I made when in my 20's and early 30's). It should really represent an mild, period-modified bike,
    But as I stated, progress is slow as I work full time which also requires a fair amount of travel AND.... I'm working our problems with my original '47 knucklehead at the same time. My job and home obligations really get in the way!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • billpedalino
    replied
    As it works out, I now have everything for the seat EXCEPT for the rear rubber cushion. P/N 52051-66. If anyone has, or knows of one, please let me know.
    Thank you....

    Leave a comment:


  • billpedalino
    replied
    Originally posted by painterdale View Post
    I can't wait to see a picture of your XLCH, Bill! Sounds very cool!

    Dale
    It will be a while - probably be 'standing up' on wheels by the Spring. I'm told that I do nice work, but I still work full time, so I'm VERY slow!

    Leave a comment:


  • painterdale
    replied
    I can't wait to see a picture of your XLCH, Bill! Sounds very cool!

    Dale

    Leave a comment:


  • billpedalino
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubone View Post
    Bill, other than the front mounting clip all those pieces are common to the Sprint seat of the same era. You may be able to find a donor seat. Dixie used to sell a replica made by the same Italian company.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/23531246448...Bk9SR5ay5u3XZA
    Thanks Robbie - I had forgotten that the seat and trim are the same. Hopefully that will enable me to expand my search.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rubone
    replied
    Bill, other than the front mounting clip all those pieces are common to the Sprint seat of the same era. You may be able to find a donor seat. Dixie used to sell a replica made by the same Italian company.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/23531246448...Bk9SR5ay5u3XZA

    Leave a comment:


  • billpedalino
    started a topic Dual Seat Trim & Fittings

    Dual Seat Trim & Fittings

    I know this is a tough one, as I've been looking, but I'll ask anyway...
    I'm thinking of mounting a dual seat on my 1970 period-modified XLCH. The seat has much sentimental value to me, as I received it from Gene Baron back in the early 1970's and I've kept in in pristine condition ever since. While period-modified, the bike is actually totally stock, with the exception of additional chrome plating and being painted Hi-Fi Green. But this color should actually be allowed in accordance with a letter from Walter Davidson on August 10, 1964 allowing the use of earlier colors on new machines. John Pierce generously forwarded a copy of this letter to me. So, this bike is a fitting recipient for the seat..
    The problem is that I'm missing the trim strips and some of the miscellaneous hardware pieces and I'm hoping that somebody might have a source for them. The missing pieces are as follows:
    52051-66 Rear Rubber Cushion (I can probably make one if necessary)
    52129-66P Right Side Trim Strip
    52131-66P Left Side Trim Strip
    52128-66P Rear Butt Strip
    52117-61 Front Bracket Clip
    8219P Trim Strip Rivets
    If anybody has a source for these parts, I would appreciate that information.
    Thanks for considering the above.
    Bill Pedalino
Working...