one year only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one year only

It is my understanding that the part 74525-65 voltage regulator bracket is an one year only part if any one out there has one and wants to part with it I will take it off your hands as long as it won't cost me a arm or leg I need them. ( under seat bracket )

May also be on other models my parts book stops at 65

Comment

Got a picture of what you are looking for?

Comment

below the seat and above oil tank and a parts book picture mounts at a 45 degree and hangs straight down. Harley-Davidson-1965-sportster-3.jpgIMG_1706.jpg

Comment

Would like to find the OEM part but would not be difficult to fabricate.

Comment

After some more research 1965 was the last year for horse shoe oil tank and first year for 12v electrical and the regulator was moved from mount on generator to under the seat and 1966 was the first year of what is called the lunch box oil tank and regulator was moved again behind oil tank on left side making the 65 bracket one year only. ( still looking )

Comment

I have the regulator mounting bracket for your 1965 if you still need it. Let me know.

Comment

According to the parts books it was used for several years.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  According to the parts books it was used for several years.
                  It was used on 1965 XLCH and 1965 - 66 XLH.

Comment

Originally posted by silver65 View Post
                    After some more research 1965 was the last year for horse shoe oil tank and first year for 12v electrical and the regulator was moved from mount on generator to under the seat and 1966 was the first year of what is called the lunch box oil tank and regulator was moved again behind oil tank on left side making the 65 bracket one year only. ( still looking )
                    I have the part you need. Email me at my327vette@aol.com if you are interested.

Comment

Yes I still need and I was just online looking again.

Comment

Thanks for the part I have been looking for one for 3 years now and was going to give up and fabricate one out of some metal stock I hade laying around.

Comment

Working...
                        X