Looking for a front fender for a 1966 xlch with a 19" wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a front fender for a 1966 xlch with a 19" wheel

Over the years I have been working on and off on this project, somehow I have ended up with a 18" wheel front fender. Looking for the correct 19" xlch fender. Thanks for any help.

there is no such thing as an 18 or 19" front fender. The fenders are the same regardless of rim size.

do you have an aftermarket fender? If yes, they are known for a poor fit which can make things look wonky.

Comment

Just in case you do have an aftermarket fender . . .here is a picture of my 64CH with an aftermarket fender. Rim is a 19" Boranni Replica (WM2) and tire is a 100/90-19

IMG_5458.JPG

Comment

Nice fitting fender. Mine is just at the point of touching the tire at both front and rear and I cannot align the center mounting bracket. The parts book lists 59007-52B 54-58 XL XLH and 59-* XLCH, after 58 59-*XL uses 59007-59. Two different #s listed, I assumed it was the difference in wheel sizes. I believe the one I have is an original. It came with the bike although I don't recall whether it was mounted or not. The bike was a mishmash of diff year/model parts I bought many years ago.

Comment

The -59 XLH fender is the skirted type used thru 66.
          VPH-D

Comment

Well I think I have it figured out. Nothing is wrong with the fender. I purchased the tires from Coker at Oley a few years ago, the front tire they gave me is a 4.00-19. The service manual calls for a 3.25/3.50, the 4.00 is quite a bit taller.

Comment

Working...
            X