KHK intake manifold nut wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHK intake manifold nut wrench

Honest, I did search this forum to see if this has been covered, but could find nothing. I need an open end wrench for the intake manifold nuts on my 1956 KHK. It looks like it has an opening of ~2" -- is that correct?
    Where is a good source for this wrench?
    George Tinkham
    Springfield, IL
    www.virmc.com
    AMCA # 1494
    1941 Indian 841
    1948 Indian Chief
    1956 H-D KHK
    1960 CH
    1964 BMW R69S
    1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

They are on eBay every day. Keep in mind the factory had one wrench that they ground out to fit all the different sized nuts. They are just a steel forging. Sidecar nuts 1-3/4", 45 intake 1-7/8" , BT flathead and WLD 2", BT K, WR 2-1/8. All the same blanks. There are straight and slightly offset but either works fine.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

George!

Beware of cheap stamped wrenches, as they fit poorly, and won't last.

It was easiest for me to go to my local farm supply (such as "Farm and Fleet"), and find a decent box-end/open-end wrench to cut in half so the open-end could go into the toolbag. Carving with a 4" grinder would give the most precise fit, and thinning will give precise clearance from finnage; With the other end removed, it easily accepts a "cheater", and the modified box ends proved the best way to loosen frozen nuts.

Much more cost efficient in the long run than any repop!

....Cotten
      PS: I posted this pic previously, so don't trust the search function...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-28-2017, 09:06 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I’ve had this NOS wrench (AMF-era packaged) for years and wondered the odd size (1-5/8”). Your explanation Robbie makes sense. Thx
        Attached Files
        William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
        http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Working...
        X