Kick Stand Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick Stand Height

As discussed in the above Thread, I'm having issues with the height of my '64 CH. I'm hoping that somebody would give me a measurement of the distance between the bottom of the side-stand and the ground with the bike vertical, without rider, and the side-stand extended. I currently have 5" which I know is too much and it looks like the frame tab for the side stand has been altered and/or re-welded. I have a replacement cast piece and need this measurement to properly set the angle before welding.
    Thanks....
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

OK - no responses. So, lets look at it from another angle. With the bile standing straight up (no rider), the distance from the floor to the bottom of the frame beneath the rear bolt of the front motor mount (measured on the left side) is 7-3/4". Can anyone with an early Sportster confirm that measurement, as its 1" higher than that of my 1970 Sportster, which is somewhat confusing - should be the same measurement on both bikes.
    Thanks...
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Bill
      I have a stock 64 XLCH that the motor is out of. But the frame still has front end and wheels handle bars ect. on it as when it was last on the road. Without the motor and oil tank ect. on, it will set higher. If you PM me I could text pics or could talk to you on the phone to try and answer some of your questions.
      Jim D.
      Jim D

Comment

Working...
      X