XLCH Front Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLCH Front Fender

I have installed the front fork legs on my '64 and started fitting up the front fender. While I'll admit that I haven't taken the time yet to fully analyze the problem, it looks like the fender doesn't fit. While it may just be a simple case of bowed fender braces, I thought that I'd gather some information before I start obsessing with a bending bar. I do have an OEM fender and OEM lower legs.

WHAT I KNOW:
    From what I can tell, the front fender that I have is P/N 59007-52C and fits the 1959 - 1969 XLCH. The 1970 fender, P/N 59007-70 has a totally different mounting set-up.
    My sliders are '68 to '69 series as they have the 7/16" lower mount bolts and one center fender mount bracket located behind the fork tubes.
    The front and rear fender mounting brackets (59103-52A) are the same from '54 through '69.
    The center mounting brackets (59107-52) was used from '54 through '70.

MY QUESTIONS: Were there any differences in the 1959 through 1969 CH fender mounting? Were there any differences in where the center mount brackets were placed on the lower legs between the -52 and -68A series lower legs? I suspect that the answers to both questions are NO and I'll have to start tweaking the fender braces.

Thanks!
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Bill,
    All the CH fenders are the same mounting in that time frame. Are you sure it is Sportster though and not a lightweight version?
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Good point Robbie - no, I'm not sure that its not a Wizzer or other light-weight. I have another front fender in storage that I have to get to and compare. I bought this fender on Ebay years ago and it was advertised as a CH fender. From memory, it looked correct and I never questioned it. My guess is that the braces are bowed and must be re-aligned, but the light-weight fender is certainly possible... Thanks.
      Last edited by billpedalino; 02-12-2015, 01:20 PM.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
      X