K-Model Bubble Saddle Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-Model Bubble Saddle Bags

I have a pair of the original bubble saddle bags for a 53 K model project I am working on. Although the support/mounting frame is pitted and corroded, it is very solid. The plastic has a couple cracks and on quarter-sized hole on the bottom of one bag. Any ideas or experience on how to "revitalize" the plastic on the bags to make them reliable and useful? I love these and would like to mount them if I can get them refinished to look good again.

Epoxy and fiberglass window screen make a good patch on the inside. Epoxy works better than bondo to finish the outside. The plastic takes paint well.

Comment

Are they the normal bubble bags or the odd early ones with different lids and fittings. Do they have the side strips? I may have some support parts that are extra. What is damaged on yours? How about a picture?
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

They are the originals stamped with by HD and they had stripes on side, but they are gone, as are the single buckles on each lid. Sorry no pics of the bags, I can get some next time I think of it though.

Comment

Working...
        X