Finishes on '64 CH Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishes on '64 CH Parts

As I've droned on ad-nausium in this forum, I'm restoring, my 1964 XLCH that I purchased in 1968. While I did all of the original dis-assembly back then, my memory isn't clear as to some of the original finishes on certain parts - I'm a lot more clear on 1965 and later Sportsters which had fewer Parkerized parts. I've broken out the Parkerizing pots and before dipping everything in sight, I'm looking for details of the finishes on the following parts:

shock studs (54515-56B and 54516-54A) - Cadmium or Parkerized?
    Top fork stem nut (45722-54) - Cadmium or Parkerized?

Also, if anyone has any 1964 XLCH photos that you might share, I would be very interested in them. Not only photos of the parts in question, but photos of the bikes, bike details and of and the people who rode them and who were drawn to them as well. General photos of 1970 and earlier Sportsters and of those who were as mesmerized by them as I was (and still am) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
    Bill Pedalino
    Last edited by billpedalino; 11-23-2014, 07:31 AM.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Bill,
    The nut is parked, I don't know about the shock studs.
    VPH-D

Comment

Bill a 64 is the same as a 65. Shock stud is parkerized and the nuts are cad. The lower cup washers are also cad. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

The cad cup washer started in '65....should be a flat Parkerzed shock washer in '64 #6722.

Comment

Shock studs and fork stem nut both cad. I'm sure you know, Bill, but to clarify - Shock washers are also parkerized, but the nuts are cad.

Comment

Working...
          X