1968 XLCH lighting circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 XLCH lighting circuit

Can anyone offer any suggestions on a substitute for the little condenser thing that bolts under the seat on my '68 CH and acts as a buffer on the lighting circuit? Also, I'd like to find a replacement that will fit inside the existing metal canister.Thanks
    Last edited by rustyparts; 01-28-2014, 05:29 PM.

After a little research, I was able to find harley P/N 67898-66 and cross reference it to V Twin P/N 32-7784. The part is actually called a "Horn Capacitor" Rustyparts

Comment

Isn't 67898-66 an indicator lens? The capacitor you're looking for is pn 32727-63, and is listed as a horn capacitor. Many people mistakenly think the capacitor aids starting.
      VPH-D

Comment

The horn capacitor was added to the XLCH to fulfill Federal requirements that stated the horn must blow at any time which it would not do at slow RPMs due to the batteryless system. The capacitor held enough charge to allow it to honk, once...
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Vph-d,
          You are exatly right. I pulled that part number from my list of parts I,m searching for and pulled it off the wrong line. This capicator is to keep the head light a little brighter and the horn less growley at idle.
          Rustyparts

Comment

Working...
          X