1972 flh frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 frame

Just a note to clear up (or add) some confusion regarding frame tabs on a 1972 FLH frame. I did some research and found that the small tab located on the lower frame rail just in front of the primary cover existed at least until 1971, based on the inspection of a bone stock 1971 super glide. It's present but unused. It's too close to the larger diameter inner primary cover. The rear brake line tee had been re-located to the front right tranny plate mount bolt in 1970. This change also gave birth to a new rear metal line part # and a new brake tee part #. It appears that in either late 1971 or early 1972 the factory cut off the remaining brackets. I've inspected a 1972 frame which has the "modified" bracket remains. After 1972 the bracket doesn't exist.
    As for the casting with the hoop that mounts the rear brake hose, to the rear of the primary, that existed until the demise of the rear drum brake in 1973. I do not know if any of the castings used on early disc brake bikes were "factory modified" by removing the no longer needed hoop. Anybody else have any info on this?

Comment

Working...
    X