colcr of decals for 1976 fxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colcr of decals for 1976 fxe

Iam in a ground up restore of a black 1976 fxe and need the tank decals does any body know what are the wright colors for black or could any color work ? Want to show it in a few years please help.

My -76 parts book lists the tank decals as 'trim kit gas tank black' p/n 61491-76.
    VPH-D

Comment

Thanks VPH-D what color is p/n 61491-76 i know that amf-harly davidson part of the decal is white but i dont know what color the stripes should be. i just bought a set of red stripes will they work on black

Comment

I thought the colors listed in the parts book were the color of the decals, not the color of the paint they went on. at lesast thats the way the 74 & 75 decals are listed.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

that what i thought to brian so are red strips corect for a black bike?

Comment

Don't know, Don't have any color pics of 76 models. Try to find a 76 sales brochure or a copy of the enthusiast with the model intro for 76. I thought the 76 were red , white and blue stripes for the bicentennial but the book says those were 75 decals.
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

thanks brain

Comment

76 stripe colors

the correct stripe colors on a black 76 are a medium gray, graduating to a silver color within the 5 stripes top and 5 stripes bottom....I have an original paint left FLH tank half with the stripes if that would help, I just need to know how to post a photo on this site...Rick

Comment

Sailfish-last year I painted the sheet metal on my'76 FXE. I wanted to do it in Vivid blue, but was having trouble finding the correct decals with the multi-level blue striping (one year only, different color for each paint color, and different sizes for different models). After trying the normal sources-Harley dealers EBAY, etc., I found them at Rick's Decals (rdns@geneseo.net). They were NOS Harley-Davidson FLH decals (slightly longer than the FXE decals). He trimmed them to the proper size for an FXE-worked perfect. You might try contacting him.

Comment

Working...
                  X