My New (2me) Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New (2me) Bike

Just got a '70 Electra Glide, my first big twin. It's got some electrical gremlins I have to find (dead short with low beam) too many running lights. Any suggestions on the best manual. Does Harley still put one out? If so where do I find it? Great bike so far.......
    Attached Files

nice bike good luck with it.

you can still buy manuals from your local harley dealer.
    CHIEFJ48
    MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

I do believe HD reprints the owners manual and shop manual as well, the second of the two will be a WORLD of WEALTH to you !!! Enjoy that ride !!!Seems like only yesterday they were sitting Brand new on my local dealers showroom and I had a huge erection for one !!!!

Comment

It is a very good looking scoot. A good friend of mine, out of San Diego, has one. Very same details too. Paps

Comment

Don't forget a parts book also. While H-D has a generic 41-84 FL book, lots of people on E-bay sell reprints of older books which you would most likely find more usefull. I have a 61-76 that I really like for things of that vintage.
          Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

shovel bagger

Nice bike! I'd leave it as is,repair the electrics,go thru it and make it dependable.
            Ken S., # 6457
            1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
            1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
              Nice bike! I'd leave it as is,repair the electrics,go thru it and make it dependable.
              Ditto! Good find. Good luck! Looks like you have a nice example and a good potential rider. Basically go slow. Don't do any changes until you research well and you should be fine. My '65 was loaded down with lites and chrome when I received it about 8 years ago. Probably dressed even a little heavier.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

God loves a shovel with a buddy.
                First year cone; you are into the mid-run shovels... true shovel

I agree with the "go slow" advice....but get it set up they way you like it
                and never lose that buddy....it's the best saddle

Odds are, over time, they tend to strip... ..lights & covers Does that bad boy kick?
                Last edited by rashd; 10-31-2008, 12:54 PM.
                # 5844

Comment

That is a great looking bike, wouldnt change a thing, shovels are the best of both world for us oldtimers, have electric leg and some modern convienences but still have the old look and feel, go to manuals and literature on e-bay and you will find what your looking for. Spike

Spike

Comment

Thanks All, I picked up a manual on e-bay so I can find the shorts this w/e. I've asked in my chapter (Phantom Canyon - CO) but I'll ask here too, what are the spare parts I should be packing? And anyone have a used white solo seat maybe w/ a skirt they'd part with?

Comment

Working...
                    X