X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here ya go Chris...

Had to look at the profile

http://www.ruiter.ca/mc/

Perry, Is it OK to download the info about the Delco-Remy Service Bulletins?

Looking to add to my growing collection of information in any format I can find it.

Thanks

George
    Last edited by George Greer; 12-07-2008, 05:34 AM. Reason: forgot to add something.
    George Greer
    AMCA # 3370

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
      And the link to your website is???
      Click on my name. It's one of the options presented ... Perry (this holds true for any member that listed a website when they registered, not just me)

Comment

Thanks Perry: Very nice of you to return to this old thread and post that. It confirms my installation. I used a modern breaker, but just recently found that breaker and wires nos in my stuff. Must remember to dig first, go to store second. Steve
        Steve Dawdy

Comment

I ended up putting mine on the back of the battery tray next to the oil tank. Tight! The oil hoses and the crossover for the exhaust make it a nightmare. Personally, if I were to do it again, I would put it toward the back of the tray. One thing was the length of the wires, also, unless you want to extend them. From what I know from talking to dealers is there was not just one place to put the breaker. Mike

Comment

That’s an interesting piece of literature.
            It gives a date that a bike was actually produced. 15th December 1965,with engine number 66FLH8509.
            The data book indicates that about 7800 ... 1966 model year big twins were produced?
            If the data book is correct it would appear that they had almost completed 1966 big twin production in December 1965?

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

Originally posted by pete reeves View Post
              That’s an interesting piece of literature.
              It gives a date that a bike was actually produced. 15th December 1965,with engine number 66FLH8509.
              The data book indicates that about 7800 ... 1966 model year big twins were produced?
              If the data book is correct it would appear that they had almost completed 1966 big twin production in December 1965?

Pete Reeves 860
              My nephew was thinking of making a "biker movie" and borrowed a bunch of books, so the one I want to look this up in is gone right now, but ... wasn't it in the mid 60s where Harley adopted a numbering scheme where on even numbered years the serial numbers all started with an even digit and on odd numbered years the first digit was odd. If so 66FLH8509 would have been around the 3500 mark, which is about mid way through 7800 ... Perry

Comment

Perry.
                Now you mention it I have heard some thing along those lines before, and that would explain it.........1965 is a little on the late side for me?
                It’s still interesting that they have linked a date to an engine number.

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

I can't locate my genuine California Highway Patrol booklet with this info in it. Off the top of my head it was 1962-64 when the odd even numbering was started.
                  The way it workes was in odd numbered years the first number in the VIN was odd and in even numbers it was even. BUT!!! if there were five digits in the number then it was the first two numbers that were odd even. a 1965,being an odd numbered year would be 1***, 3***, 5***, 7***, 9***. But when you hit five digits it is the first two numbers. 11***, 13***, 15***, ETC.
                  Last edited by Chris Haynes; 12-12-2008, 09:59 AM.
                  Be sure to visit;
                  http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                  Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                  Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I talked with a member of our chapter who was a Harley dealer for over 20 years, ending in 1967. He said it was always impossible to make total sense of the serial numbers because Harley was known to insiders for simply skipping over a long series of numbers at random to make it appear that they were building more bikes than was actually the case. He recalled seeing this particularly in lower production years on some models years.
                    Steve Dawdy

Comment

I need one of these if anyone has a NOS kit or just the breaker available. I've also posted in the wanted forum. My 65 has the starter relay kit installed, but not the breaker. Not going to run the bike without one.
                      Ray
                      AMCA #7140

Comment

If You Run It Without One Please Carry A Wrench For The Ground Wire And A Small Fire Extinguisher. The Solenoid Sticks When You Least Expect It And The Starter Will Turn Until You Take Off The Ground Wire Or The Battery Is Dead Or It Catches On Fire----that Breaker Or Any Breaker Is Crucial. Better To Go To The Parts Store And Get A 30 Amp Temporary Than Nothing

Comment

Sorry---i Misread Your Post----not Going To Run Without It

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
                            Sorry---i Misread Your Post----not Going To Run Without It
                            LOL - uh yeah It will have one on regardless, but it's all the way down now for a total rebuild so want to have one to install when it all goes back together. So have some time to get an original one if someone has one to sell.
                            Ray
                            AMCA #7140

Comment

I'll Keep My Eye Out This Weekend At Wayseon---have You Tried Nos Parts? Or Bill's Custom Cycles?

Comment

I'll be talking to Bill's today and will ask. Yes if you or anyone is reading this and is going to Wauseon and find one of the kits that would be great. Send me a PM if you are going out and I will give my cell #!

BTW if you look at the recent issue of the club mag I have a wanted add for a couple of other items I'm looking for. Same items are in the wanted section of the forum. I'm not able to get to as many of the AMCA meets as I would like.
                                Ray
                                AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
                                X