My 78 FLH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 78 FLH

This time last year I joined as I had picked up a 62 Pan. That didn’t work out. Found a lot of welds in the cases that were done 20 year prior. The motor was never started or finish assembly correctly. My bore scope saved me 10k. And the seller was 100%. Stand up and took the bike back as he didn’t know about the welds either. So FF the following spring. He text me a pic of the 78. 90% stock sat in a barn last 15 years. Told him make it run I’ll buy it. He did. I did. Only thing they did. New points, new intake seals, cleaned the carb, new battery and clean gas. I’ve put about 1000 miles on it. But it’s not my only bike. Love this bike. But have some questions.

This is an early 78. 74”.

Was white an option in 78.
    Did they all have a comfort flex seat? Or were some like mine.
    Top speed comfortably is about 62mph. I’m thinking someone swapped a sprocket. What’s normal?

I do have the shop manual. Well 80% of it. And the small book that came with it. Been helpful so far.

Would like to add a kicker. But like that it’s stock. Virtually unmolested. There’s a bit of chrome that is not stock. But the quality makes me think it’s old school browns plating done back in the day.

I added the batwing and have the jumbo tourpak also. Came with just the shield.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
Working...
X