1971-75 Shovelhead voltage regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971-75 Shovelhead voltage regulator

I'm gathering parts to restore my '73 FX and came across a NOS voltage regulator, H-D part# 74510-70A, according to the parts book this regulator was used from '71 to '75 on FL and FX models. My question is, I've seen some other used correct voltage regulators for sale on eBay and they have a sticker on one end of the regulator warning about not connecting or disconnecting the regulator while the engine is running, was this sticker used on all of these '71 thru '75 regulators? If so, and if one of you's guy's has one, can you please give me the dimensions of the sticker? And, is it a bright foil finish or just silver? I can guess the dimensions if its too hard to get to. I want to make this motorcycle as correct as possible, so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks much for your time.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

If you don't have the original POS 4 pin Alternator it won't work

Comment

Hello....I also have a POS NOS stator, 4 pin, and the original rotor, so the sticker is the final detail on the charging system. I assume the sticker isn't on this NOS part because it is a replacement part, so just wanting to make it is as original as possible. I'm hunting for a NOS rotor as well so the charging system is all new.

Comment

Working...
      X