Guide taillight number on early '73 FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide taillight number on early '73 FX

Hello....I am working on gathering parts to restore an early '73 FX which had the smaller later Panhead style taillight then switched mid-year to the new larger Shovelhead taillight. I'm trying to figure out what Guide number would be on that early '73, same as '72 FX non boat tail, taillight, so I can find one of these jewels. I believe '69-'72 FLH has the same taillight but not sure if the Guide number changed during those years, the goal is to keep this bike original and correct. Does anyone have a '72 or early '73 FX and can tell me the Guide number on the taillight? Thanks much for any help.

I'm not sure, but I think all 69-E73 tail lamps are the same #68010-64B. It looks similar to the 55-68 types but is stamped GUIDE 97R 68.
    vph-d

Comment

Thanks much, vph-d, that is the number I was looking for to track one of these down. Have a good one.

Comment

I have plenty of them if you need one. From the bodies to complete assembly. Might not have the correct lens but they’re usually fairly easy to find.

Comment

Hello....Thanks much for the message. I found a NOS body only w/socket in perfect condition, so now hunting the lenses, trim, trim screws and hardware. If you have any of that, yes sir, I'd sure be interested. My plan is a full and correct resto, so of course the parts I seek need to be really nice if you know what I mean.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back but I haven’t been getting notified of responses anymore. I’m sure it’s an easy fix if you’re a tech guy. Anyhow I have the lens trim or door as it’s called, I have the clear outlook lens and the clips that hold it to the housing but not the correct screws. I also have a correct tail lens but it has scratches. All parts are oem. Old Dude Vintage should have anything else. If interested in any of this email me directly so I get the message in a timely manner. hd64fl@verizon.net

Comment

I also have the rubber wire grommet and the bulb socket.

Comment

Thank you, sir. Email sent.

Comment

The lens is the extended type that came into use to allow visibility from the side as well as the back. They were also sold as the replacement lens for older bikes for many years.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for that, Robbie. So I guess the replacement lens replaced both the old glass lens and lens door in order to get the side light? There must have been several new safety laws in '73 since they added the larger taillight and turn signals in mid year '73.

Comment

Working...
                    X