1966 Shovel Gas Tank vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Shovel Gas Tank vent

I am looking for the configuration of the top of gas tank vent line on a 66 FLH. The parts book shows a Tee with a -66A part number (62335-66A).Two of the three vent lines for the Tee in the parts book have -67 part numbers.

For 66, does the vent line just go directly between the two tanks without the Tee, or does the Tee come into play? These tanks have one vented and one non-vented cap so a direct line makes sense..
    If the Tee is used, where does the long vent line (62360-67) route to?

Palmers 3rd edition mentions the vent, but no details.

Thanks for the help!

What "parts book" are you looking at. The tee in the vent line is for the Tillotson carb which must be vented to work. '66 models with a DC do not use it, nor do later models with a Bendix.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I agree with Rubone. The "T" is for 67-70 models with a Tillotson. I am running the stock setup with the DC7 on my 66 and no T. Just a straight vent line between the tanks.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. After posting this I did some more research, then made an assumption that proved correct based on your responses. As you said, the Tee between the tanks runs a vent line to the Tillotson on 67 to 70 (I made this assumption because the Tilloston has the vent fitting). I then assumed the 66 had the vent line direct between tanks to vent the left tank. Thank you again for confirming this!

The parts book I am referencing is the original HD Parts Catalog, Electra-Glide / Duo-Glide 1958 to 1968. Bought it almost 45 years ago from Ross in Clinton, Iowa.

Appreciate the quick turnaround!

Comment

Originally posted by jgbrown59 View Post
          Thank you for the responses. After posting this I did some more research, then made an assumption that proved correct based on your responses. As you said, the Tee between the tanks runs a vent line to the Tillotson on 67 to 70 (I made this assumption because the Tilloston has the vent fitting). I then assumed the 66 had the vent line direct between tanks to vent the left tank. Thank you again for confirming this!

The parts book I am referencing is the original HD Parts Catalog, Electra-Glide / Duo-Glide 1958 to 1968. Bought it almost 45 years ago from Ross in Clinton, Iowa.

Appreciate the quick turnaround!
          The '68 catalog is good, but not correct for a lot of '66 stuff. the only better info is the '66 and '67 supplements covering everything new for those years. By '68 many items already supersede the '66 parts.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X