1983 FLH Sidecar brake drum needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 FLH Sidecar brake drum needed

Wanted for 1983 FLH sidecar a brake drum for my sidecar HD Part number 86999-79 or 87657-76. I am also open for advise about what earlier Hyd brake parts will work or purchasing a complete early hyd brake set up that will work on the sidecar. Thanks, Fred
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

If this will help, look at pages 242-249 in the " Harley Parts Catalog FL Models 1941-1984". It shows all combinations of brake parts for 1941-1979. I know you have to start with the correct axle for the year brake parts you want to use. I converted a mechanical brake frame to hydralic several years ago and the easiest route was I believe 1958 style panhead drum and wheel cylinder. which is commonly available.

Comment

Hi Buster, I have the 41 to 84 book and have used it. I haven't been able to locate a sidecar drum 87657-58A for the 58-76 and the 43577 bearings 67 to 76. Also the side plate (backing plate) 41650-58, 58 to early 76. I have a Panhead rear drum but I can't fine a bearing that will work. Axle is 1" and the iID on the drum is about 1 1/2". So far the bearing shop here in Reno hasn't been able to come up with anything but a caged roller bearing. No way to lock it in the hub. All that being said I really appericate your input. It tells me what I'm going to have to do if I can't dig up a CLE drum ie: dig up early sidecar hyd brake parts. It also helps to know it's been done. Thanks and have a Great New Year. Fred

Comment

Working...
      X