1982 fxb speedometer repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 fxb speedometer repair

looking for a repair shop to fix 82 sturgis speedo. miles and trip meter still work, the mph needle not working. thanks

I've used Stan Bordas in Texas. He does fantastic work and very fair about his prices. He also advertises in the amca magazine.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile....
    -good ol GD

Comment

I've only ever heard positive comments about John Bordas' work. I haven't personally had him do anything for me yet, but if I ever need speedo work he is the first person I plan to contact. Here is his advertisement from the latest issue of the magazine.
      John Bordas.JPG
      Eric Olson
      Membership #18488

Comment

thanks to you both. i have heard of john. was hoping maybe someone closer to ohio. not having any luck. i will reach out to him. thanks.

Comment

John is the best, He did a Pan Police speedo for me a few years ago. Turn around was a few months. I asked him to call me to adjust the mileage as I was still riding the bike. He called and I told him to add 1500 miles. When I asked what I owed him to send a check, he said oh I don't know I will enclose the bill and pay that amount when you get the speedo. Who does that? I doubt he still does this in todays world.

Comment

He still trusts you to mail him the reasonable fee after you receive it back with an invoice.

Comment

Stan the Speedometer man.
              Attached Files
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Stan at vintage rust... he’s very busy!
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I don't think John will be able to do anything on your speedo, he does Stewart Warner stuff.
                  VPH-D

Comment

Working...
                  X