Cycle Electric generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Electric generator

I tried to do a search, but came up short. Does anyone run their generators with the built in regulator? I just ordered a DGV-5000 for my 69flh. I know they are costly at 400 bucks to my door. I just want to put miles on my bike with no issues, but I am worried if this goes out going the highway, just cannot pop another spare generator in it without changing a couple of wires around.
    Thank you as always!

PS: I have had a regulator go out because of a broken set of points first and then my generator just went out, both within the past 500 miles, they were not new, but the generator did not have many miles on it.

They do make the best standard generators, Ryan!

Then you can use any regulator you wish.

And a lot more of it interchanges with OEM.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Ryan, I run their standard w/o regulator on both my '67 FLH with stock regulator and "40 EL w/12V conversion w/32E cover and electronic relay for cosmetics for loads of trouble free mileage.
      DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks guys, The dvg-5000 was on my doorstep when I got home, so I may as well try it. I pulled an old generator off the shelf in the mean time and it charges just fine. Lol

Comment

I guess I should have mentioned, Ryan,..

The standard model also isn't nearly as ugly.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            I guess I should have mentioned, Ryan,..

The standard model also isn't nearly as ugly.

....Cotten
            That is my thought exactly. I have not unpacked mine yet and should send it back, if it can be returned, purchased it from lowbrow customs in Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Folks,...

I have cooperated and dealt with CE with great satisfaction for many years!

If you have a machine where the endmount is appropriate for you, it does have some protective features: Like if you left your lights on while in the bar and have to 'bump start' to get home, it has a protection against overheating the armature.

...Cotten
              AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                Don't get me wrong, Folks,...

I have cooperated and dealt with CE with great satisfaction for many years!

If you have a machine where the endmount is appropriate for you, it does have some protective features: Like if you left your lights on while in the bar and have to 'bump start' to get home, it has a protection against overheating the armature.

...Cotten
                Welp, you just sold me on it then, I cannot see it while I'm riding anyway and most people do not know the difference. Lol

Comment

I've been running one of those for years without any issues. If you're worried about the looks, I suppose you could paint the fins on it black. That might hide it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by PanheadFred1 View Post
                    I've been running one of those for years without any issues. If you're worried about the looks, I suppose you could paint the fins on it black. That might hide it a little.
                    Or, PanheadFred,...

A common cover will make a standard CE look just like an 'original', under the streetlights in front of the bar,.. .

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                    X