X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission speed drive gear

hi
    I am going to put this drive gear in this case. IMG_8568.jpgIMG_8566.jpg
    this is 15Tx19T but the one in the case is 15Tx17T and the 3rd gear on main shaft is 24T. so.... Do I need change the 3rd gear ...?? if so, how many teeth should be used? also, I found two 3rd gear in my box.. IMG_8564.jpg so . whats the is deference? height is different obviously.. they can be used each other ? tks Shin

Leave all your gears alone, just put the speedometer drive gear on the countershaft cluster you already have (it is pressed on). The other loose cluster is a 3&R type and cannot interchange. The third gears you show are for different low speed clusters, the one with bushing is '58 and earlier, the longer one is '59 up. They only match up to the correct year parts although as complete assemblies they can interchange, but all the correct matching parts must be used.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

15x17 is normal countershaft cluster, 15x19 needs 22t main 3rd gear, why do you want to ?
      Main 3rd gear used brass sleeve from 36 to 58, in 59 gear changed, sleeve not used.

Comment

thanks !! I see.... I just remember .. the drive gear is just pressed on I will remove it and pressed on the one in the case. thanks!!

Comment

thanks !! now I have an idea! Shin

Comment

Working...
          X