No announcement yet.

66 Chrome or Cad? or maybe Parkerised?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Chrome or Cad? or maybe Parkerised?

Some parts on my 66 FLHFB are Chrome and I am questioning if that is the correct Factory finish?
    Bike is fitted with King of the Road option. (as far as I know)
    Parts include,
    Rear brake plunger, clevis, lock-nut, pedal and mounting bracket.
    Gear shifter rod, rod-end, Shift lever, foot shift lever, mounting bracket, shifter cover and dust cover, shifter shaft lever, (last 3 on gearbox)
    Clutch rod, rod-end and lock-nut,
    Jiffy stand, complete assembly, (bracket, leg stop ect.)

What is the correct factory finish for these parts?
    Did the factory offer chrome for these parts as an option or should they be Cad or Parkerised?

Any information will be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Warren.

No chrome was offered on those parts. They were all cad except the Jiffy stand bracket, leg stop, spring plate and the shifter mounting bracket. Leg was cad, the rest are Parkerized.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      No chrome was offered on those parts. They were all cad except the Jiffy stand bracket, leg stop, spring plate and the shifter mounting bracket. Leg was cad, the rest are Parkerized.
      Thank you for your information.
      That is pretty much what I was thinking but difficult to know for sure.

Cheers.
      Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        Hi Robbie,
        I have been securing parts to replace the incorrect chrome ones with more correct ones,
        The replacement shifter mounting bracket I have is Cad, while the rear brake mounting bracket I have is parkerized,
        Reading your reply they should be the reverse to what I have.
        Could you please confirm?
        Thanks,
        Warren.

Comment

Working...
        X