Shovelhead & adjustable trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shovelhead & adjustable trees

I have a 1977 FLH equipped with factory sidecar. It has adjustable trees. The angle of the windscreen is causing me a problem, due to the rake of the trees vs.the angle of the fairing/windscreen. Ive looked in parts books and scoured the web to see if there is or was any kind of bracket that would stand the fairing/windscreen more upright. As it sits now, I have to have it on its lowest setting and it is very close to my chin in a normal riding position(Flex seat) Any one had or have dealt with this??

You have a few choices, custom make the brackets, or consider a frame mounted seat. The seat route will lower you a great deal and might be the easier of the two. You might want to try a regular windshield instead of the fairing. It is more adjustable.

Comment

Thanks Jorrow, yes, there are some "Custom" options, just trying to find out if there was a "factory" type option or if it was simply not a problem the MOCO felt it needed to address. I haven't been able to find any fix, and my 70's connections are just as clueless about it as I am. I think Ill look for some factory looking bracket so as to look "stock". Surely there's something made by HD that will fill the bill. I want to keep the fairing, it looks pleasing on the old girl....thanks for the response..

Comment

I don't believe there was any bracket to address your problem made by the factory.
        VPH-D

Comment

I have a 1969 flh with adjustable trees with an adjustable windshield. You loosen the bottom bolts for the pivots and loosen the top bolts and push the top of the windshield forward about an inch of so. The top mounting hole of the bracket is tee slotted.

Comment

I don't recall it being an issue on the '79 Classic w/SC that came from the factory with a fairing and a comfort flex seat. Do your mounts have the "D" shaped plates on the top? And do you have the headlight wedge extension on the nacelle?
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

It does in fact have the wedge behind the headlight, the fairing brackets have a little bit of wiggle room but not enough to get it out of the way. Ive purchased a couple of brackets to try to come up with a better angle. Thanks for the replies. tr

Comment

Working...
              X