66 FL with Bendix carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 FL with Bendix carb

I have a Bendix carb part # 27155-72A I want to install on an S&S manifold on my 66 FL. There's an air passage to the idle mixture screw from the flange (someone filed the carb body through to the passage so the flange nut would spin) I covered it over with silicone. There another air passage above the lower flange bolt hole which I cannot trace. Was the original Bendix or HD manifold drilled for these passages? The reason I ask is that when I ordered the rebuild kit for the carb I see slots above and below the bolt holes in the gasket
    Thanks
    Pete::::::::;;;;;;;;;;
    Last edited by Pete Engelman; 06-06-2018, 12:00 PM. Reason: additional info

The manifold is not drilled for those passages. If you are using the stock solid wire throttle, use 56220-58 throttle sleeve to reverse the throttle action for the Bendix carb.
    VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
      The manifold is not drilled for those passages. If you are using the stock solid wire throttle, use 56220-58 throttle sleeve to reverse the throttle action for the Bendix carb.
      VPH-D
      Thanks VPH-D

Comment

Pete, to bad they filed the carb. Another part slightly ruined. If you would like to have a good body to replace that bad body with, I am sure I have several of that vintage, and older, that I could part with for a small fee. If you are interested, email me at shovelhead@cfl.rr.com and maybe we can come together on a minimal price to get you one that will not require you to silicone it shut, which in my opinion, is a bad way to keep it from leaking in the future. If not, that is fine too. Just a offer to help out. I even have complete units, that would need a normal rebuild kit, and maybe the jet you have in yours, since I don't know which jet you are running. Some even have the adjustable mainjet installed. If not interested, no reply needed.

Comment

Working...
        X