No announcement yet.

1970 flh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for all the kind words, and yes Todd I agree with you, there are nice 70 FLHS out there in that price range. I know you will come up with one. Good luck and if I can help in any way please do not hesitate to let me know, thanks, Larry

Comment

You have come to the best site for advice on the purchase of an old bike be it a 1970 Shovelhead or a 1907 Indian. The people here may seem a little gruff with their advice, but mean well. My experience in purchasing my '68FLH off ebay may help somewhat. I saw it advertised and was surprised that it lacked any bids even tho the bike seemed to be of extremely high quality as it appeared in the pictures. Luckily there were many clear pics of the bike and in looking at them I determined this was a bike I would persue. I had some communication with the seller and made the final bid to purchase. I made a small deposit figuring if the bike wasn't as advertised I would give up the deposit and move on. It worked out that I could take a flight, inspect the bike, and put it on the shipper's truck, and be on my way home all in one day. The seller met me at the airport with the bike on a trailer, drove me to the shipper, I inspected and rode the bike, gave it to the shipper and was on my way back home all in less than a day. That was key to not making a purchase site-unseen. It all worked out, the flight was cheap enough, and the overall cost in relation to the bikes value turned out to be worth every penny. If you are PATIENT and CAREFUL, look under every rock, crevice, local ad, and ebay, you WILL find what you are looking for in your price range. They are out there. Don't be afraid to post up some pics of your anticipated purchase on here. It will be the smartest thing you have done. People here are the most knowledgeable in the world when it comes to old bikes and are willing to help. Just have a bit of thick skin and it will work out. Be PATIENT and CAREFUL.
      D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I have my 1970 FLH not all stock but numbers matching runs clean title great shape .pics coming soon.

Comment

Thats is a great looking bike! I bought one from my father that we are currently restoring. We are trying to get a paint chip or code for the exact same colors that you have on this bike. If you have any info. on where I could find this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Can anyone tell me the difference between a 1970 and 1971 as far as fenders front rear and tail light and turn signals .

Comment

Working...
            X