Throttle cable brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable brackets

I'm re-assembeling the top end on my "1950" Pan, and trying to make a few things fit a bit better. I have part# 56605-49, the throttle cable bracket for '49 to '53, and last tear-down I couldn't seem to make it work. Maybe I was not mounting it correctly, not much info and no pics to show how it fits. Anyone have any tips, or better yet a pic for this? My throttle lever is a '48 part, perhaps I should just use a '48 bracket, I don't have one so I'm not sure how it fits either. When I first got this machine the cable was held by a WL type clamp, bolted through a hole in the front section of the top motor mount bracket, it works- but it would be nice to get a little closer to "correct"- either '48 or '50 style.
    Thanks, Doug.
    Doug McLaughlin #6607
    NorCal, USA

Won't work Doug. The 27260-48 carb lever is 48 only and with the right cable braket, you still have to bend it to line up. You need a 27260-49 to go with your 56605-49 Go to mike's site at http://www.linkertcarbs.com. It will start to send you in the right direction. Mike is out of town until the end of the month but with a phone call can get you straightened out. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks Bob,
      I know I should just buck-up and get the 27260-49 lever. I still have the same dumb question on the 56605-49 bracket though, how/where does it mount? Top engine mount to frame bolt?
      Doug.
      Doug McLaughlin #6607
      NorCal, USA

Comment

Yes,
        That is where it goes. How many of those throttle levers do you need? I have a few.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie,
          Thanks for the info. Looks like one of those levers would be enough. PM me what you want for one.
          Doug.
          Doug McLaughlin #6607
          NorCal, USA

Comment

Working...
          X