65 pan restoration manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 pan restoration manual

Dose anyone know anything about a manual that was put out by Rick Schunk would it be any good at all.

published by wolfgang and it's sort of a general manual I personally would use Bruce Palmers book how to restore you panhead give more detail

jmho
    Moose
    aka Glenn

Comment

Dose anyone know anything about a manual that was put out by Rick Schunk would it be any good at all.
      I personally think it is pretty lame. Very generic with no attempt to show any of the multitude of differences from year to year. And some of the practices shown are very amateurish and poorly executed. Save your money! Get the closest parts book to your year model, the factory service manual, and Palmer's book.
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

65 pan

Thanks for info I wont waste my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
          published by wolfgang and it's sort of a general manual I personally would use Bruce Palmers book how to restore you panhead give more detail

jmho
          He stops at 64 models.

Comment

'65 is a very strange beast. I don't blame Palmer for skipping it He would have needed another 300 pages just for the that model But Palmers book is the best (other than factory manual, 65 dated parts manual, owners manual, factory photos, sales brochures, Enthusiast magazine, '65 through 70 accessory manuals. And any bulletins you can find. And talking to other owners. It's a really tough year. So many first, last, short period, and one year parts and quirks.
            Last edited by rbenash; 05-07-2011, 08:04 PM.
            Ray
            AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by shovelhead View Post
              It's not a bad book by any means; quite the opposite. It's a very good book for what it is and it does not pretend to be a rival to Bruce Palmer's "How to Restore Your Harley Davidson". You can never have enough information and if you're into this hobby for life, you should be building a library of every book you can find. No matter what these "experts" say, you won't be wasting your money.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                You can never have enough information and if you're into this hobby for life, you should be building a library of every book you can find. No matter what these "experts" say, you won't be wasting your money.
                Totally agree, good advice.
                Ray
                AMCA #7140

Comment

I still say it is lame!
                  And so slight to Rick, he was just the editor and it isn't his field of expertise!
                  Robbie

Last edited by Rubone; 05-07-2011, 09:57 PM.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Nice "starter set" rbu
                    Ray
                    AMCA #7140

Comment

Don't see Tom Swift and His Motorcycle by Victor Appleton. Or maybe it is there and the pics are just a bit small for my eyes to read all the titles...

Comment

That's a different area!
                        Robbie
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Here is the best manual I have ever seen. Study all of the pictures and copy
                          them before the are off of ebay. As far as the book George Marakas is writing,
                          I saw his 65's at Davenport and three of them made the winners circle, all of
                          them had many, many incorrect parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Comment

Sorry this is off topic, but...
                            I found a copy of Tom Swift and his Electric Rifle in the trash.

Anyone guess the significance of it today?

....Cotten
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

UPSROD - I was wondering how he made out. It would be good to have pictures to see what was considered incorrect. Always good for reference. Would be good to have a full set at full density of that one on Ebay too. Will copy them for sure, better to get a full res set though.
                              Last edited by rbenash; 05-09-2011, 08:34 PM.
                              Ray
                              AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
                              X