Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Wheels

Hello all,
    I'm in need of a set of wheels for my 57 pan. What are my options out there, can you steer me in a good direction. I would like to keep the bike original if possible.

Thanks Bob

Bob59,
    search American Wire Wheel, they have 16" rims in black or chrome, be sure to specify that the rim have the large hole for the tube stem.

Comment

I have a pair. KH wheels with the big hole, 1940 to 1962, interchangeable 16". Straightened, blended and rechromed to perfection by me and Classic components in CA. Buchanan SS spokes and nipples, bead blasted. I was told the hubs I got were NOS, but I can't prove it. They did not look like there had ever been a bearing rolled in them. Brand new complete bearing kits. I had a real expert put them together right. I thought the star covers were supposed to be cad, so they are on there, but if parkerized is correct I will put on a pair I just parkerized myself. These have the outside bearing grease zerk also. $1200 for the pair plus whatever shipper you prefer. I did these for my '65, but they are the wrong rims. Oh well............ Mike

Comment

portagepan, what are the differences between the KH wheels and the wheels on my 57FL? Can you send me a good picture of the wheels?

Comment

portagepan, what are the differences between the KH wheels and the wheels on my 57FL? Can you send me a good picture of the wheels?
          Be aware that he is referring to Kelsey-Hayes, the manufacturer of the rims, not a Harley KH. The wheels on a '57 are as the ones he describes!
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
            Be aware that he is referring to Kelsey-Hayes, the manufacturer of the rims, not a Harley KH. The wheels on a '57 are as the ones he describes!
            Robbie
            Thanks for the clarification. I was brain dead there didn't put 2&2 together there!

Comment

I will try to get one on here Friday. Only twist for the purists is I had the hubs black powdercoated, and they are shiny. I thought I did a real good paint job on them, but it seemed they would chip too easily, so they were stripped again, and the coating was applied. Yes, the rims are Kelsey Hayes. I forgot about the Sportster reference.
              Mike

Comment

I forgot about the Sportster reference.
                Shame on you Mike, No KH is a Sportster. Sportsters (and their name!) did not exist until the K series ended.
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That is because I don't really have much interest in them. in the "old days" for me, it was Ducatis, Nortons, and on a bad day, maybe a Triumph. But a Sportster? Come on now................. Yuk yuk. How about CH?
                  Mike

Comment

interchangeable chrome Panhead wheels

Here are some pictures.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mike, Am interested in your wheels. How do I contact you? Bob

Comment

Bob
                        I think you can do a private message to me on this forum. I will watch for it. Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X