Question on Winter Windshield Acessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Winter Windshield Acessory

Hey folks - I have an NOS Winter-Summer Combination Windshield Kit. Page 14/15 in the 1965 Accessory Catalog. It's an apron with a pair of brackets to be used along with the 'Glide windshield or the Sportster/Model K windshield. 57990-60B

I have NOS set of splash shields to go with it too.

The pair of brackets still has the orange/black bar logo still on it. There's no hardware or instructions.

Does anyone have a copy of the instructions or a photo of one mounted on a late Duo Glide or early Shovel? Would like to see how these were attached to the windshield. Any info would be helpful.

Should be able to figure it out but don't have the bike here.
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Ray,
    They are pretty straightforward. The wing brackets mount to the windshield vertical supports (the curved ones) with the extra long bolts supplied in the kit. There is a second bolt on the top support that replaces ti inboard one of the clip bolts ( the stainless clip that wraps around the upper and lower shield at the joint). The lower bolt is in the end of the curved piece of the wing and bottom of the windshield bracket. Is the apron attacked to the brackets? The clips that look like cable clips go on the outside of the fabric on the front. I have one with the bracket attached to it if you need pics. not mounted on a bike.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi Robbie - thanks for the detail. I just have the brackets and the apron. None of the hardware or the instructions. The brackets are not permanently attached to the apron, brackets are two separate pieces. There's a pocket on each side of the apron that I think might be for the corners of the brackets to slide into once the set is mounted to the windshield.
      Last edited by rbenash; 03-24-2011, 06:14 AM.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Ray..PM me your e-mail address and I will scan and send you a copy of the installation instructions for the winter windshield.

Comment

cdndewey - PM sent, thanks!!!!
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
          X