Accessory ?? What is this ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessory ?? What is this ??

I got this in a load of parts and im not sure what it is or who made it ?[ATTACH=CONFIG]6226[/ATTACH]

Willie G's first rejected mock-up of a Jubilee trumpet horn?

Comment

Just like the tag says it is a "Pipe Farter". Very rare and I think it has a -49 Part Number. I had some of these NOS in the box years ago.

Comment

46 El , i have a feeeling that you are screwing with me , does any one know who made this goofy thing

Comment

What does it say on the tag?
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I thought YOU were screwing with US? And I was incorrect about the -49 Number. It should be -50 for the Cigar type muffler. Maybe these were installed on Hummers to make the exhaust sound more beefy for Big Twin wannabees?

Comment

Are you sure it is a motorcycle part? It looks more like it could have come off a piece of farm equipment. Possibly part of a seeder with a feed 'funnel' on it? What is on the tag?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

How much do you want for it? 46EL

Comment

Looks to me like it is a gizmo that by moving the lever the funnel looking part would be pressed against the rear of the exhaust and then the exhaust would make a farting sound as it exited the leather sleeve. Kinda like slipping a short piece of bicycle inner tube over the end of an exhaust pipe. Funnier than hell for a little while when you are really bored.

Comment

Jwl that is what it is , im just wondering who made em , i got it when buyin a load of parts , that hadnt seen the light in 20 years i just find it strange that there were 2 , def not home made . Any one know who made em ?

Comment

That makes sense. Why wolf whistle when you can.... well, you know.

I just went looking for my Floyd Clymer book of Ford Model T Memories and 5,000 accessories. Because there was definitely something like that in one of Floyd Clymer books. And it makes sense that if someone made it for bikes... someone had to make it for a Model T.

Naturally, I can't find the Memories/Accessories book. But it's around here somewhere and I'll see what I can find. There has to be an old ad in one of the Floyd Clymer Motor Scrapbooks. It's the sort of thing he loved. I have most of those books, so I'll see what I can find.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
                      X