Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead Cam cover 4 fin

This is what i have seen on some original bikes
    1954 suppose to be 1 years only upper rear edge looks like the earlier cam cover does not have the raise tube at rear upper .
    1955-1957 has the raised tube and long lower fin. Drilled fro a 6v Generator
    1958 up has a short lower rib to clear brake pedal for hydraulic brakes . Drilled for the 12 v generator . The upper generator hole has a lager lump at the top for the bigger 12V screw.
    I have seen a couple of original paint 55 bikes with 55-57 the cover.Has anyone seen a original 55 with the 54 type cover because there sure seams to be a lot of the 54's floating around.

[QUOTE=DANPATCH;105297]This is what i have seen on some original bikes
    1958 up has a short lower rib to clear brake pedal for hydraulic brakes . Drilled for the 12 v generator . The upper generator hole has a lager lump at the top for the bigger 12V screw.

The '58 & up mounting screw size is from 3 brush to 2 brush, not 6v to 12v which did not happen until '65.
    Bob AMCA#6738
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

from what a have info on is 4 types the frist was 54 to 57 that had no raised tub and the lower fin went all the way across
      from 58 to 59 or 60 had the raised tub and the bottom fin went all the way across
      now the 60 or 61 to 62 had the raised tub and the short fin at the bottom in 63 and 64 they were the same
      but had the outside oiler on the top of the cover and in 65 had the smooth cover and was the first year of 12 volt electric start
      that had the larger hole for the gen. bolts. so beware of the 64 and ealer one's that have been drilled out for the 12 volt gen.
      a lot of them drilled out the gen. hole so they could put a 12 gen. on them . If there is any information that is not correct please feel free
      to help me out . thank you all Esquire

Comment

The 30012-58 generator screw is the same from 58-69. The 58-69 generator is the same externally, just the guts were changed for the 12 volts in 65. The mounting holes in the gear cover is the same size 58-69. The only ones drilled out for a 12 volt generator or a two brush 6 volt would be a57 or older......Rod

Comment

thank you Rod

Comment

Working...
          X