Clutch Booster question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Booster question

Part # 38456-52 Booster or 'mouse-trap bracket'. Attaching pictures of 2 different ones I have. One on left has a gusset on bottom, one on right doesn't, and the offset for the eyebolt is different. Also the one on left(with gusset) has grease fitting at an angle. One on right(without gusset) grease fitting is straight out. Looked in Palmer's and no mention of any change. Does anyone know what year these fit. I have several of these and only one without the gusset. Hope pictures come across,I am new at this.
    Bob Rice #6738

The one with the angled grease fitting is a -52 one , the one on the right is a -67 one , i just went through this the other day , and i went by an nos one still in the wrapper with a -52 number that had the angle grease fitting ,

Comment

The one with the short arm without the gusset is 52 to sometime in 56. The longer arm with the gusset and the angled grease fitting is used for sure 57 and later,through 67. The 65-67 bell crank has nothing to do with the early or late bracket, but is only correct as a unit with the gusseted bracket.....Rod

Comment

All the 52-54 original pans that I have photographed all show the version with the straight zerk fitting boss.
        Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input. Bob #6738
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
          X